I have heard many brides and grooms say they have a very small budget for their wedding and they can be great at sourcing low-cost versions of luxury products, perfect for a wedding celebration. Unfortunately, even the little things can start adding up- especially when you have to multiply the cost by each guest! Here are five tips in getting some of your wedding expenses to do double-duty on your wedding day. So even if you have to multiply your costs by one hundred, at least you can divide them again by two!
- Stick the menu or table numbers on personalised wine bottles. If you don’t want to DIY there are quite a few online business where you can design your own label and they will send you the wine with the labels all ready for your wedding.
- Wedding favours can double as escort cards. Arrange them in a way that complements the rest of your décor and make them a feature of your reception styling.
- Decorate your reception tables with edible centrepieces. A gorgeous fruit and cheese platter, or a pretty dessert creation will feed your guests and pretty-up the table.
- Place small wedding cakes on each table as a yummy centrepiece. You can visit each table and ‘cut the cake’ more than once. At many weddings I’ve attended as a guest, it can be hard to see the cake-cutting from where I’ve been sitting. Cutting the cake with each table will make a special moment of your wedding day more intimate and something you can share with everyone.
- Give guests personalised glasses for drinking during the reception- and to keep as a wedding favour. This is especially good if you’re arranging the catering yourself. It could also reduce hire costs- and washing-up!